Monday, March 12, 2007

Old friends
Never have I felt so much at heart, my friends. How sweet it is to remember you! Now sitting here alone in the night, With only the light of the moon, Recollections come rushing to my mind, With the cold breeze of the gentle wind.
The days I spent with you cracking jokes, They stick to the mind with pain. We would talk about men of might, Gandhiji, Nehru, Patel and Prasad. They would come again to play their parts. We would listen to the story of their endless strife For the nation without fearing death. My friends, sitting here alone in the night, I'll try to forget everything tonight. For I can resist no more pain Of the parting words our good days Lost in silence in this dark night. I shall try to forget, for my ease. But how deep our attachment is. I know the days would never come back, But I still love you and your smiling faces.
Shyam S Thiruvananthapuram: Sainik School, Kazhakootam

No comments: